Home

Solaris Check HBA Errors

How do I check the HBA and link speed from a Solaris Host

Check the HBA (fcinfo Command) If the older version of the HBA is installed, the output looks like this: # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff56bce8 Port Mode: Initiator Port ID: 0 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c28 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 371-4325-02. 2. Try to configure the new FC HBA: # cfgadm -c connect iou#0-pci#3 # cfgadm -c configure iou#0-pci#3--> did not work, same errors and Name_Property on XSCF did not change B) 0. Check there are no fma faults. If any clear fma fault as before. 1. Unconfigure and disconnect the FC HBA # cfgadm -c unconfigure iou#0-pci# Displaying Fibre Channel Devices. The commonly used commands for adding, removing, and displaying FC devices are as follows: fcinfo - Collects and displays administrative information about FC-HBA ports on hosts, remote ports, and configured logical units. For more information, see the fcinfo(1M) man page. The following examples show the most common administration operations that can be.

Troubleshooting NIC / HBA errors in Solaris 10 - Google Group

The CRC errors were continuosly increasing, so I knew that either the HBA or fibre channel cable were faulty (as a side note, I can't wait for the FMA project to harden the emlxs and qlc drivers!). During one of my storage training courses, the instructor mentioned that CRC errors are typically associated with bad cables Similar to a network card having a unique MAC address, every HBA port will have a unique WWN number. Solaris 10 and Solaris 11. We can get a list of HBA ports using the luxadm command. Remember that luxadm command only work on hba's that are bound to the Oracle drivers. So if native (non oracle) Emulex driver is in use then the luxadm command.

Solaris Performance troubleshooting : Disk (I/O

One the most useful new command I found in Solaris 10 is fcinfo, a command line interface that will display information on HBA ports on a host, but also many useful bits of information on connected storage remote port WWN, raid type, link status,etc. root # fcinfo hba-port -l HBA Port WWN: 10000000c957d408 ==> How do I to check and measure FC HBA utilization? How do I determine how much io is going through an HBA? How do I determine if an HBA is being overloaded with io? How do I determine if an HBA has reached its available capacity limit? We want to monitor the data transfer/sec with each Fibre Channel Adapte

Check the HBA (fcinfo Command) - SPARC T5-4 Server Product

1. For Solaris 10 U1 or above - Command: fcinfo hba-port. For Solaris 8 & 9 or Solaris 10 before U1 or if fcinfo command does not work for some reason go to prtpicl Command and check Model: field in conjunction with Manufacturer: field. LPxxxxxx-S are SUN Emulex HBA Cards (ie has a -S for Sun at end)
  2. NetBackup SAN Client is supported on the Linux , Solaris, Windows, HP-UX and AIX operating systems. These environments provide the initiator device driver which can to the SAN client media server and mount an pseudo target device ARCHIVE PYTHON so that the backup or restore can be use the fiber transport (FT)
  3. Unix@sol# fcinfo hba-port |grep Port HBA Port WWN: 10000000c884bb48 HBA Port WWN: 10000000c884bb49 HBA Port WWN: 10000000c884b85c HBA Port WWN: 10000000c884b85d Unix@sol# 4.You can also find the WWN form luxadm command, if HBA is already connected to FC switch
  4. Check the HBA driver level to make sure that it is up-to-date. Use the HBA vendor's utility to check for any reported fibre-channel link problems. Uninstall and then install the HBA driver. If there is an issue with the HBA configuration, device driver, or compatibility, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling it corrects the problem
  5. If PowerPath cannot see the LUNs or the LUNs are visible but the paths are missing, firstly you should check if the HBA can see all the LUNs and the paths, each OS vendor provides some commands for inspecting, such as 'fdisk -l', 'lsscsi' of Linux, 'format' of Solaris, 'ioscan' of HP-UX, 'lsdev' of AIX

FC HBA Replacement Error - cfgadm: Hardware specific

The best way to test for a healthy HBA is to use the vendor utilities or, if you have Sun's Leadville drivers installed, using the SAN Tools (cfgadm I believe). Also, you can tail the /var/adm/messages file and watch the errors from any activity to a down path. Hope that helps cfgadm and fcinfo commands can be used to list all the LUNs presented to a HBA or a disk controller in Oracle Sun Solaris 10 Sun Solaris System Admin Sun Solaris HowTo's Tips Tricks Tutorial

To find the WWN numbers of your HBA card in Sun Solaris, you can use one the following procedures. Using fcinfo (Solaris 10 only) This is probably the easiest way to find the WWN numbers on your HBA card. Here you can see the HBA Port WWN (WWpN) and the Node WWN (WWnN) of the two ports on the installed Qlogic HAB card Run the iostat command without any arguments to see the complete statistics of the system. # iostat Linux 4.19.32-1-MANJARO (daygeek-Y700) Thursday 18 April 2019 _x86_64_ (8 CPU) avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 29.45 0.02 16.47 0.12 0.00 53.94 Device tps kB_read/s kB_wrtn/s kB_dscd/s kB_read kB_wrtn kB_dscd nvme0n1 6.68 126.95 124.97 0.00 58420014 57507206 0 sda 0.18 6.77 80. My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts Red Hat Linux - How to Check HBA Driver Version Following is the information to check Red Hat Linux current HBA driver version: Details. When the user wants to check the QLogic fiber driver, do the following: Packard Enterprise Development LP Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or. Hello, In Solaris 10 I can use fcinfo to find what speed the hba ports are running at, am I able to find this out using Solaris 9? I have tried a few variations on luxadm but cant find anything relevant. Thanks

Then the Linux developers started to standardize the FC driver interface a bit. In RHEL 5, the work is still on-going, but you can expect to find the HBA information in two places: - the FC-specific information should be available in virtual files at /sys/class/fc_host/host*/ directories (one for each FC port) 1) From a Solaris server, I run the command iostat -En and receive output that is similiar to the following which shows your disks along with the cdrom/dvdrom: c0t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Model: Maxtor 6E040L0 Revision: NAR61590 Serial No: E1FECWNE Size: 41.11GB <41110142976 bytes> Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0. Basically small number of errors spread across ALL drives. Not sure if we have an HBA, cable, enclosure or drive problem. Thoughts on best approach to isolate? On bootup, get this in /var/adm/messages

Register. If you are a new customer, register now for access to product evaluations and purchasing capabilities. Need access to an account? If your company has an existing Red Hat account, your organization administrator can grant you access Storage team checked and it was not showing light on the fiber Index Slot Port Address Media Speed State Proto ===== 298 3 42 28a280 id N4 In_Sync FC 314 4 42 28b280 id N4 In_Sync FC 298 3/42 28a280 Online F 4 G AN A_S4_VIT_aix_HBA5C93 Emulex HBA 10:00:00:00:c9:86:5c:93 314 4/42 28b280 Online F First, check the drives are shown in Device Manager and check the correct number of drives are detected and that no drives show errors. Then check the driver details for each Tape Drive. One at a time, select each tape drive listed, right click and choose Properties, then select the Driver tab. If the Driver Provider shows as being Unknown. Hi All, I have a task to complete on several server, I need advice from u guys,i need to know that , how can i check the following thing in AIX server. 1)HBA vendor, HBA model, HBA driver version & HBA firmware. 2) Multipath software & multipath version. 3) Cluster software & cluster... (2 Replies

After investigating, they have confirmed there is No problem from SAN storage end and they said the CRC errors are generated only from a particular Emulex HBA card (out of 2). They gave couple of recommendations to stop the CRC errors: 1. To check the Physical connectivity of Fabric connectivity between ESXi host and Fabric switch 2. An internal circuit on one of the drives has gone bad, resulting in the drive not being able to sendor receive FC frames correctly. In this situation, the drive receives data that does not match the parity bit

Introduction. The fsck (File System Consistency Check) Linux utility checks filesystems for errors or outstanding issues.The tool is used to fix potential errors and generate reports. This utility comes by default with Linux distributions. No specific steps or an installation procedure is required to use fsck In Today's high speed systems PCI Express (PCIe-Peripheral Component Interconnect-express) has become the backbone. PCIe is a third generation high performance I/O bus used to interconnect peripheral devices in applications such as computing and communication platforms. It is used to provide the. PathID PathName DskName iLU ChaPort Status Type IO-Count IO-Errors DNum HDevName. The cable port on the host is the host bus adapter (HBA) CHA: The cable port on the storage subsystem is a port (P) on a channel adapter Every possible UNIX/Linux file permission: Listed and explained (All 4,096 of them) AIX PowerHA (HACMP) Commands. The command to check that on each HBA port: fcinfo hba-port -l you'll see something like this HBA Port WWN: 10000000c94708f2 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c6 Manufacturer: Emulex Model: LP9002L F

This article is intended as a brief introduction to some of the commands in Solaris that will help you achieve your tasks. Firstly, in order to allow your storage admin to map you some LUNs, you'll need to provide him with the WWNs of the HBA ports in your server. This is so he can map the LUNs you've asked for to the WWNs of your server If your server has two HBA cards connected to EMC SAN storage device, you can implement load-balancing, and fail-over on the HBA cards using the EMC PowerPath software.. Powermt management utility helps you manage I/O paths from the server to the EMC storage device. In this article, let us discuss how to use powermt command with practical examples vHBA provides multiple benefits: Device functionality: - Solaris in the domain uses native device drivers, and can use full functionality for SCSI reserveration and MPxIO for path management Device generality: - Any device Solaris supports on a physical HBA is supported in the virtual HBA. For example, the guest domain will be able to use tape devices for backup This script has exported HBA and VNICs firmware and driver versions info for all of my HPE ESXI hosts. If you want specific cluster or specific host, change the first line of the script with one of the following

UNIX commands, such as snapdrive storage create and snapdrive config prepare luns: 0001-876 Admin error: HBA assistant not found You must verify that the required number of paths are up and running Note (Oracle Solaris 11.4): Please note that there are several Oracle Solaris EOFs which could affect platform support using Oracle Solaris 11.4. We are in the process of identifying those that are fully supported, and recommend testing of existing hardware systems and components before putting them into a production environment with Oracle Solaris 11.4 The HBA Model will be listed as QLExxxx. XenServer host /var/log/dmesg file. Run more /var/log/dmesg | grep QLogic . Examples: [root@ftlchristophxen5 /]# more /var/log/dmesg | grep QLogic QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.02.00.k5.xs4.2-02 QLogic QLE2462 - PCI-Express to 4Gb FC, Dual Channel Note: Make sure QLogic is spelled correctly and case. Check HBA Firmware & Driver Version Info Linux The very first command is to verify whether we have HBA cards installed in your machine. # lspci -nn | grep -i hba 04:00.0 Fibre Channel [0c04]: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA [1077:2532] (rev 02) 04:00.1 Fibre Channel [0c04]: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre.

Managing SAN Devices and Multipathing in Oracle ® Solaris 11

and check the log file for errors (that is important, as a syntactically wrong file won't be loaded). The alternative is to enable SSL on the server side and use it for the local connection. The fastest way to connect would be via Unix sockets (if you are not on Windows or use the JDBC driver), perhaps that is the best thing to do You should now understand how to use df and du commands to check disk space on your Linux system. Remember, to display a complete list of options, use either df --help or du --help . Check out our article on how to use fsck command to run a filesystem check as preventive maintenance or when there is an issue with your system Now we need to map the device 'vfchost2' to the physical HBA port 'fcs1' using the 'vfcmap -vadapter vfchost2 -fcp fcs1'command.Once it is mapped, check the status of the mapping using the command 'lsmap -vadapter vfchost2 -npiv'.Please note that the status of the port is showing as 'NOT_LOGGED_IN', this is because the client configuration is not yet complete and hence it.

Debugging fibre channel errors on Solaris hosts

DIF/DIX Aware Linux SCSI HBA Interface Martin K. Petersen, Oracle Linux Engineering martin.petersen@oracle.com July 16, 2008 1 Discovery 1.1 SCSI Host DIF Capability A SCSI host bus adapter driver registers itself with the Linux SCSI layer by way of a scsi_host_template. CHECK FAILED WRITE Provided HBA: Sector data and crc tag mismatch. Broadcom HBACapture-UG126-100 4 Emulex HBA Capture Utility User Guide Chapter 1: Introduction The Emulex ® HBA Capture utility is a devi ce driver utility that colle cts information from operating systems, Emulex software, and Emulex adapters. Use this information to examine the functionality of the drivers Edit: the issue might be related, check here. Matching driver and firmware phase seems indeed to be more of a thing under FreeNAS, in my experience things just work on Linux. Regarding mpt2sas vs mpt3sas, IIRC one had been forked off the other - memory's fuzzy there, but I think one came with the Linux kernel, the other was from LSI Established in 2010, a community for system admins and developers. Our goal is to continue to build a growing DevOps community offering the best in-depth articles, interviews, event listings, tips , tricks , troubleshooting steps and much more on DevOps 10. powermt check - Check the I/O Paths. If you have made changes to the HBA's, or I/O paths, just execute powermt check, to take appropriate action. For example, if you have manually removed an I/O path, check command will detect a dead path and remove it from the EMC path list. Gurkulindia# powermt check

How to identify the HBA cards/ports and WWN in Solaris

LazySystemAdmin is a useful how-to website that covers System Administration, Operating Systems, Cloud, DevOps, Virtualization, Scripts and Video Tutorials. This website to share our expertise and knowledge on Linux, UNIX, Windows, Hardware, Security, Cloud and Open Source. It is for both Beginners and Experts This one should be on the first Solaris install DVD. SUNWqlc. These two dowload from SUN if needed. 120965-01. 119131-13 # Note: If HBA's are in server when Solaris is installed these should all have been installed. VIEW HBA's: Once the OS is updated and a reboot -- -r has been done check if SUN/Solaris is seeing the HBA's. Run the luxadm. Now, change the directory to appropriate hba model dir, if its lpfc then: # cd /proc/scsi/lpfc#### Where #### is the model of the Emulex hba Run the cmd the content of this dir, # ls -lia Now check the files available here (with the names as a number), in case there is a file named 6 then: # Cat 6 You would get an output similar to

A handy Solaris 10 command: fcinfo Christian Bilien's

AGAIN, check those things, and work with your SAN team to figure it out. There is no magic command you can run to make a device appear. Since all your other devices are appearing, it's time to actually start looking at the system, involving the SAN team, the SAN vendor, and your Solaris support vendor lsscsican be used to check whether the SCSI devices are seen correctly by the OS. When the LUNs are not seen by the HBA driver, check the zoning setup of the SAN. In particular, check whether LUN masking is active and whether the LUNs are correctly assigned to the server. LUNs are seen by the driver, but there are no corresponding block device Client authentication is controlled by a configuration file, which traditionally is named pg_hba.conf and is stored in the database cluster's data directory. (HBA stands for host-based authentication.)A default pg_hba.conf file is installed when the data directory is initialized by initdb.It is possible to place the authentication configuration file elsewhere, however; see the hba_file. Discovery gathers information about storage units that connect to Linux, Solaris, and Windows hosts via a local I/O port or Host Bus Adapter (HBA). Probes used to discover storage from a host Tabl

How to check and measure FC HBA utilization? - Red Hat

-SCSI HBA - SCSI Host Bus Adapter sisscsiaX - SCSI ADAPTER (internal disks are connected to this) lsdev -C | grep sisscsia list the scsi adapters lsdev -Cs scsi -H lists the scsi devices with location code-----A host bus adapter is a physical Fibre Channel adapter that can be assigned to a logical partition Check Kernel Modules and details # lsmod |grep lpfc lpfc 697278 0 crc_t10dif 12714 2 lpfc,sd_mod scsi_transport_fc 64007 1 lpfc. Author Info # modinfo -a lpfc Emulex Corporation - [email protected] HBA Description # modinfo -d lpfc Emulex LightPulse Fibre Channel SCSI driver 11.2.0.6. Module nam You need to use the following syntax to check SATA or SAS disk which are typically simulate a (logical) disk for each array of (physical) disks to the OS. /dev/sgX can be used as pass through I/O controls providing direct access to each physical disk for Adaptec raid controllers. Linux Use smartctl To Check Disk Behind Adaptec RAID Controller

Storage : Identify Sun Fibre Channel (FC) HBA - Unix

1. The dmesg command can show operations once the boot process has completed, such as command line options passed to the kernel; hardware components detected, events when a new USB device is added, or errors like NIC (Network Interface Card) failure and the drivers report no link activity detected on the network and so much more
  2. Port Error - The HBA is in an unknown state; try resetting it. Loopback - The HBA is in a state in which information is only looped between the HBA transmitter and receiver. When an FC interface is in loopback mode, the loopback signal overrides any external signal detected by the receiver. Unknown - The HBA is offline for an unknown reason
  3. There are many commands available to check hardware information of your Linux system. Some commands report only specific hardware components like CPU or memory while the rest cover multiple hardware units
  4. Linux find out the current running kernel version. Type the following command: # cat /proc/version Sample outputs: Linux version 3.2.-43-generic (buildd@batsu) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #68-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 03:33:33 UTC 2013. OR use the following command: # uname -mrs # uname -
  5. Also try to check your BIOS settings, you may have some stuff there that may be causing it. I would recommend to install windows on the second drive and try running it to rule out that it's not a linux prob. Oh, and if you happened to overclock your machine lately make sure you revert the changes

How to get the SAN environment information and statistics

How to check the syntax of pg_hba.conf and other postgresql conf files on ubuntu/debian/linux? Ask Question the postgresql service can't restart after some configuration changes. Is there any command line tool allowing to check the syntax of pg_hba.conf and other pg *.conf files Any config validation errors will then get put into the. durga@ unix and linux command forum said.... Thanks for this nice article on bad disk checking. It helped me a lot. linux scan disk drive for errors. September 11, 2012 at 1:35 P When rebuilding the initial ramdisk, you need to confirm that the necessary dependencies are in place before rebooting the host to avoid any errors during boot. Refer to your vendor's documentation for specific commands to confirm this information. An example command from Oracle Linux to check the initramfs Cannot get HBA type for HBA assistant linuxfcp This occurs If you have a large number of LUNs connected to your host system. Check if the variable enable-fcp-cache is set to on in the snapdrive.conf file

Hi Mike, My theory is the authentication method has to be trust instead of md5. There are sample pg_hba.conf file entries in this article: Confluence PostgreSQL JDBC direct connection refused. I look forward to hearing whether the setup wizard can be completed with the PostgreSQL configuration recommended in the article The installation and initialization of the postgresql server is a little bit different in comparison to other packages and other linux distributions. This document aims to summarize basic installation steps relevant to recent Fedora releases The 10Gtek SAS 9211-8i HBA supports all major operating systems: Windows, Linux Red Hat, Linux SUSE Enterprise Server (SLES), Solaris, and VMware. 4 Electrical and Environmental Specifications. 4.1 Electrical Characteristics. The maximum power requirements for the 10Gtek SAS 9211-8i HBA under normal operation are as follows

For example, the above is a single cluster, so they should all be identical. Multipathing appears to be good because there are the same number of active and standby paths. However, one host has an extra pair of pathsa simple check revealed that an old LUN had not been removedno damage done, but very easy to spot with this script Vxdisk - e list Vxdg lis vxprint - htg local_dg |more cfgadm -o show_FCP_dev - al # luxadm -e port /devices/pci@0/pci@0/pci@8.. Information for the lagacy/Linux style driver, you can look in the file: cat /proc/scsi/<driver name>/<number> Check compatibility: We now have the information for the driver and the firmware, now we wil check the compatibility in the VMware HCL list. Some time we don't know the exact name of the adapter, then we can use the hardware identifier The computer detected this problem and sent a signal to your program, which caused it to abort. Things that cause bus errors and segmentation violations are typically out-of-bounds array references and/or references through uninitialized or mangled pointers. Look very closely in your program for bizarre things like that 2.Find out how many host bus adapter configured in the Linux box.you can use systool -fc_host -v to verify available FC in the system. # ls /sys/class/fc_host host0 host1. In this case,you need to scan host0 & host1 HBA The hba statement hba colon-separated-hex-list; The hba statement specifies the split between the primary and secondary as a bitmap rather than a cutoff, which theoretically allows for finer-grained control. In practice, there is probably no need for such fine-grained control, however. An example hba statement

• Tesla coil circuit design.
  • Neuron firing steps quizlet.
  • Act 3, Scene 1 Romeo and Juliet Summary.
  • Gestational diabetes test.
  • How to ask the universe for love.
  • Touche Touchet Bakery.
  • Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport.
  • Peel and Stick Floor Tile Walmart.
  • Zacharias Janssen facts.
  • Paragon ridge.
  • Average running speed by age.
  • Big brother gift for 11 year old.
  • Why did Jesus wait until he was 30 to start his ministry.
  • When you use 100% of your brain meme.
  • IIPM placements.
  • How do animals adapt to cold environments.
  • Medical schools without cadavers.
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 aircraft addons.
  • SUV with least body roll.
  • Can Britain take back Hong Kong.
  • Article's about study habits in the Philippines.
  • Hostage negotiator salary.
  • PayPal money received pending friends and family.
  • Microsoft office 2013 activation crack (lifetime activator) kms.
  • Braxton hicks keeping me up at night.
  • 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab bed Size.
  • Covered Wagon Trailers for sale.
  • Zander life insurance reviews.
  • Amazon full size mattress set.
  • Henderson Hasselbalch equation: problems PDF.
  • Chk file Gaussian.
  • Do girls shed skin.
  • Wellbutrin for fibromyalgia fatigue.
  • Saltpeter used in prisons.
  • Add Twitter tab to Facebook page.
  • Gourmet celery recipes.
  • Fuel Shut Off Valve oreillys.
  • Access network drive remotely Windows 10.
  • How long does it take for a doctor to send a prescription to a pharmacy.
  • Nature Made Prenatal Vitamins Walmart.
  • PH test strips for drinking water.